Women say they want a nice guy, yet
usually end up dating bad boys.
1. Not real. Nice guys are too nice. No one can always be that nice
unless they’re a saint. They are busy
being nice instead of being real and
women instinctually don’t trust that.
Bad boys “keep it real.” Nice guys don’t want to upset the apple cart.
2. Respect. No one respects a doormat. Nice guys don’t set
boundaries or make any real
demands. A bad boy doesn’t let a
woman walk all over him or control
him. Women can’t respect a man
they can control. No respect equals no attraction.
3. Predictable. Most people lead boring, predictable lives, so they’re
attracted to people who are exciting
and a bit unpredictable. Bad boys are
always a challenge. Nice guys are
never a challenge. Predictable plus
no excitement plus no challenge equals I prefer a bad boy.
4. Mother Nature. Women are designed to nurture. However,
instead of doing this with children,
they often end up doing it with bad
boys. They think their love will save
them. Nice guys rarely need to be
5. Fixer-upper. Nice guys don’t usually need to be fixed. Bad boys
usually do, so they become a project.
Women think if they can “create” the
perfect man, he will never leave
them. Also, if they’re busy fixing
someone else, they don’t have to look at what needs to be fixed in
their own lives.
6. Sperm wars. Women are designed to procreate with the strongest
possible genes. Bad boys are sending
an unconscious message that they
have great genes, so they’re not
afraid of losing the woman by
misbehaving. Nice guys are sending a message that they don’t think their
genes are good enough, so they
7. Fear of intimacy. If a woman is afraid of intimacy, she
subconsciously knows she can avoid
it with a bad boy, since she can never
get close enough to him to have to
go there. A nice guy will eventually
want a commitment, and that’s scary.
8. Low self-esteem: We don’t feel comfortable with people who treat
us better than we treat ourselves. If
you don’t think much of yourself, the
bad boy is simply reinforcing your
negative belief. A nice guy is treating
you in a way you’re not familiar with.
9. s*x. Women feel a nice guy won’t be good in bed. They sometimes like
to be manhandled and think a nice
guy won’t be able to take control and
get the job done. A bad boy comes
across as being able to deliver, even
though that may not always be the case.
10. Hot. Have you ever seen a bad boy who wasn’t hot? I’m sure there
are a few, but they wouldn’t be able
to get away with half the stuff they
did if they didn’t look so good.
Meanwhile, when a woman describes
someone as a nice guy, she means, “He’s not hot.”
11. Charm. Nice guys don’t always know what to say and are sometimes
at a loss for words. Bad boys can be
very charming and know
exactly what women want to hear.
However, they eventually switch over
to being selfish. By the time they reveal their true colors, the woman
has fallen for them and has a hard
time letting go.
12. Protection. Historically, men have protected women — physically
and otherwise. Bad boys give the
illusion of being able to protect
women, while with nice guys,
women aren’t so sure. Life is about
balance. Most men fall into either the bad boy or the nice guy category.
The ideal man is neither, but walks
that fine line between the two. Until
men learn how to do this, more
often than not, women will choose
the bad boy, until they realize that his bad qualities outweigh his good ones.