Saturday, 2 March 2013
Students Computer Ownership Scheme - Get a New Laptop for N5000 from Federal Government
The Federal Ministry of Communication Technology [FMCT], in conjunction with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), has launched an awareness campaign for Student Computer Ownership Scheme to enable students of Tertiary Institutions acquire their personal Laptop Computers.
Students of all duly registered and accredited universities in Nigeria can be a part of this scheme.
Here is a list of schools that are still participating at the moment:-
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan
Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
Bayero University, Kano
Benue State University, Makurdi.
Cross River University of Technology
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
Federal University Gashua
Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
Federal University of Technology, Akure
Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
Federal University,Birnin Kebbi.
Gombe State University
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
Imo State University, Owerri
Kebbi State University, Kebbi
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso
Michael Okpara Uni. of Agric., Umudike
Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos.
Nigerian Defence Academy,Kaduna
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife
Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago-Iwoye
Pan-African University, Lagos
Rivers State University of Science & Technology
University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
University of Benin
University of Calabar
University of Ibadan
University of Ilorin
University of Jos
University of Lagos
University of Maiduguri
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
University of Port-Harcourt
University of Uyo
Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto
Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State
Wesley Univ. of Science & Tech.,Ondo
HOW TO APPLY FOR STUDENTS COMPUTER OWNERSHIP SCHEME
The Computer Ownership Scheme enables registered students of Nigerian universities to own a laptop of their own via loans given to their sponsor/guardian.
To get started register using the following link and follow the steps after that:
Apply for Students Computer Ownership Scheme
1. Now order a laptop and any of the available accessories.
2. Your sponsor/guardian will be notified of the registration via email.
3. Your university confirms your status as a student.
4. After university confirmation, your sponsor/guardian is provided a link via which they request a loan from any of the participating banks.
5. The bank selected by your sponsor would receive your sponsor’s application and review it.
6. Once the bank approves your sponsor’s loan, your sponsor is directed to pay the initial deposit.
7. The PC vendor, a partner original equipment manufaturer ( OEM), initiates the process of delivering the PC requested.
During this time, you will be updated of:
• The status of your PC bundle procurement;
• A contact person at their office and;
• An expected delivery date.
• And YOU GET YOUR PC!
List of Banks participating in the Students Computer Ownership Scheme:
- UBA Plc,
- Guarantee Trust Bank Plc,
- Diamond Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc,
- First Bank Plc,
- Sterling Bank.
Click here for the Programme Website!!! -